Sunday, 12 June 2011

Handmade Monday # 20 - 3 Tags!

Luggage Label Tag

It is Wendy's 2oth Handmade Monday! Big thanks to her for keeping this going - I don't manage it every week, but Wendy never fails to start us off...

Do have a look at her 1st Unigue Gifts Blog and browse through the other participating blogs as well. There is lots to see and admire!

Okay - so I thought I would try making a few "Tags" - I have seen them around, but I am still not quite sure what they are for (??) but I thought I would have a go, as they really appeal to me...

Looking at what I have seen, they don't seem to be gift tags, as such, as you can't write on most of them and some are made out of fabric anyway...

I have seen them as Altered Art and also as Fabric Collage - so apart from the fun of making them (and they are fun and quick and easy and use up bits of fabric and bits of broken down jewellery (Bootsales!) and whatever you like - seems anything goes...

But if anyone has any ideas of what they are really for, please enlighten me! (I now have 9!)

Here are three of them...

Fabric Collage Tag

Close-Up of same Tag


A Luggage Label Tag but with Fabric stitched on.

Luggage Label Tag using rubber stamping, wallpaper cut-outs
and Bootsale Bling!

Not sure this would appeal to the Senior Folk groups - in my experience they are doubtful about making anything, that is not absolutely useful...!

However, if you make sure one side is left blank for writing on and put on a proper loop to attach it, it could have possibilities!