Thursday 3 March 2022

ACEO Watercolour Painting - Using White Paint!

 When I started out, trying my hand at watercolour painting, I was told and I read in my ever growing pile of "How To" books, never to use white paint...

Well I disagree!!

White gouache paint


I discovered White Gouache paint (an opaque water based paint) and I use it with my watercolours... 

Because it is opaque it can be applied over watercolours and can be used for highlights, snow and anywhere really you want a pop of white!

Just be careful to spread it out when applying, as thick clumps will crack - unlike Acrylics which dry hard giving texture.

Here are a few of my ACEO paintings using gouache white paint...

ACEO painting

ACEO painting

ACEO painting

ACEO painting





Give it a try - but most of all, enjoy painting these little bits of collectible art!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment